6 Questions with Chris Forman, Founder of Appcast
Chris Forman is the Founder and CEO of Appcast, a recruitment advertising platform that helps improve recruitment outcome, performance and RIO.
1. First of all, can you tell us a little about your role and what you do at Appcast?
I’m the Founder & CEO.
2. Can you tell us a little about your go to market strategy, current growth/marketing channels are working for you right now?
We sell both direct to employers and through channel (ad agencies). We have a direct sales team of 10 tele sales reps and a 2 person agency team. We spend money on the standard lead generation programs (content marketing, trade shows, local seminars).
3. What is the biggest mistake you have made with Appcast so far that other founders can learn from?
This isn’t our 1st rodeo. The team behind Appcast has been involved in ~4 start-ups. We haven’t stepped in too many major buckets…save for the ever re-occuring issue of ‘hiring the resume, not the person’, not measuring the right thing, and spending too long on an idea that turned out to suck.
4. Let’s talk you… what apps, blogs, and tools can’t you live without?
Skype. We have 3 offices (one in Europe). It’s how we live. Outlook (I’m 45. Forgive me)
5. What’s your best time-saving shortcut or life hack?
Get up at 5:30 everyday (1 hour before the kids are up). Get to inbox zero and cancel any non-critical meetings before 6:30.
6. What resource have you watched/read/listened to that’s had the biggest impact on your business/life so far this year, and why?
I have 4 kids, 2 start-ups, an awesome wife…as well as pigs, sheep, cows, and chickens (we live on a farm). The most intelligent thing I watch or read is Sports Center.
Written by SaaSicorn
Ranking SaaS Websites like it's our job (because hey, it is our job).
You May Also Like...
Ready To Kick SaaS?
If you’re tired of the empty promises… Tired of the mediocre results…
Tired of SEO companies taking you for a ride…
Let SaaSicorn help.